This is My Story
William K. Murphy was born in Argentia, Newfoundland, Canada on August 26th, 1953, the son of Capt. E.J. Murphy, USN. He attended school in Gladstone in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. He graduated from Western Michigan University (with high honors) in 1975 with a criminal justice major and from the Detroit College of Law (with honors) in 1980. He is married and has four adult children. He is a member of the Michigan State and Kalamazoo County bar associations. He is also a member and past president of the Kalamazoo County Trial Lawyer’s association.
When not practicing law, Bill enjoys hunting, fishing, and spending time with his 4 grandchildren.
Areas of Practice
- Automobile Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents – Plaintiff
- Animal Bites – Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death – Plaintiff
- Practice Devoted to Litigation 100% 100%
- Michigan, 1980
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1982
- Detroit College of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. cum laude – 1980
- Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan, B.S.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Major: Sociology
- Major: Political Science
- Kalamazoo Co Bar Association
- Michigan Bar Association
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Halpert & Koning PC, Associate, 1983 – 1986
- Gemrich Moser et al, Partner, 1986 – 2001